FIRE SAFETY ON CONSTRUCTION SITES COURSE OVERVIEW
This course is designed to cover specific fire hazards and assessments associated with the construction process and the temporary accommodation found on construction sites.
It proves site management with a level of training which will ensure the effective management of fire safety on the site and safeguard site personnel.
DURATION: 4 HOURS
AT THE END OF THE COURSE THE STUDENTS WILL:
- Have a sound knowledge of construction site fire safety regulations & procedures
- Understand fire safety risk assessments techniques and be able to carry out fire safety risk assessments
- Understand fire hazards on construction sites
- Be able to distinguish between different types of fire extinguishers
- Be able to tackle small fires safely and effectively
- Construction industry fire regulations
- Management responsibilities and procedures, including evacuation procedure
- Site fire safety plan
- Risk assessment
- Temporary accommodation
- Hot working
- Practical use of fire extinguishers
A certificate is provided confirming attendance for the fire safety on construction sites course.
- Fire Extinguishers (Types / Classification / Colour Coding Standards
- Health & Safety Briefing
- Fire Action Routines
- Use of Water Extinguisher on a waste bin fire
- Use of Carbon Dioxide Fire Extinguisher on a Liquid Fire
- Demonstration of a Fire Blanket on a chip pan fire