BASIC FIRE AWARENESS COURSE OVERVIEW
Fire awareness training is now a requirement for all staff under the Fire Safety Order 2005.
All staff should receive basic fire safety training on induction and attend refresher training sessions at periodic intervals. The training should take into account the findings of your fire risk assessment.
COURSE DURATION: 2 HRS
The basic fire awareness course is designed to provide basic fire safety knowledge, to ensure that employees are aware of the actions to take in the event of a fire and how to maintain a fire safe environment. The course may be tailored to suit varying industries and clients. A practical session on fire extinguishers is set within the course if required, providing a suitable area is available, this takes approximately 30 minutes, depending on the number of delegates.
To improve staff awareness of the dangers of fire and the hazards associated with it and demonstrate the necessary skills in dealing with fire emergencies, including the safe evacuation of a building in the event of an emergency. To be able to operate safely and efficiently any fire extinguisher within the workplace.
On completion of our course the delegates will know:
- The items listed in their emergency plan
- The actions to take if a fire is discovered
- The actions to take on hearing the fire alarm
- The importance of fire doors and other basic fire prevention measures
- Where relevant, the appropriate use of fire-fighting equipment
- The importance of reporting to their assembly area
- Exit routes and the operation of exit devices
- Assisting disabled persons where necessary (training is required)
- When staff start employment or are transferred into the premises
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS COURSE?
All employees (full or part time).
- Enhance and develop personal awareness of the dangers of fire and the hazards associated with it
- Demonstrate the necessary skills in dealing with fire emergencies, including safe evacuation of a building in the event of an emergency
- Operate safely and efficiently any fire extinguisher within the workplace / building